Railways - Eythorne Station
Eythorne railway station was a station on the East Kent Light Railway. It opened on 16 October 1916 and closed to passenger traffic after the last train on 30 October 1948. It was the junction for the branch to Guilford Colliery, which was abandoned in 1921. The track on this branch was lifted in 1931 but relaid during World War Two to accommodate a 9.2 inches rail mounted gun. The station served the village of Eythorne. It reopened as part of the East Kent Railway in 1993.
Kentish Photography - Living Still Images