Railways - Rolvenden Station
Rolvenden station was originally opened as Tenterden but was renamed Rolvenden in 1903, when the current Tenterden Town station opened. The station is 2 miles from the village and is closer to Tenterden. The locomotive shed and passenger station closed in 1954 and both were subsequently demolished. Freight services continued until 1961. After British Railways closed the railway, the site of the original locomotive shed was sold for light industrial buildings.
Kentish Photography - Living Still Images